Happy International Women’s Day from all at #teamMAST!
Maintaining equal opportunities throughout the business for all genders is one of our key business objectives. With the construction industry historically seen as being a ‘man’s world’ it is great to see an increasing number of women entering into the construction industry across a variety of roles and disciplines. Our in-house office groups are also led predominantly by women including our quality management, technical, sustainability and social teams!
At MAST, 43% of our staff identify as women and we are proud to have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that as a practice, we offer equal opportunities to all genders including:
* Promotion of staff to senior roles – a number of the women in our team have been promoted on the lead up to, or while on their maternity leave, demonstrating our commitment to the development and recognition of our staff regardless of gender/circumstances.
* Maternity/paternity leave, with pension contributions continuing throughout for all staff.
* Options for flexible working post return from maternity/paternity leave and beyond as their children grow up.
* Ability for partial working from home.
* We have recently implemented a policy specifically for the menopause and are providing the senior team with menopause awareness training via PositivePause, which will be shared office wide.
* Support for staff who wish to take part in networking and activities arranged by our local Association of Women in Property group.
* We also are looking to implement the Pininsula Employee Assistance programme in the office which provides all staff with access to a variety of support across a number of areas.
Together we can #BreakTheBias.